What do I do if I have a complaint?
TAM Asset Management Limited (TAM) strives to provide the highest standard of service, but on occasion we may fall short of this goal, and you may wish to make a complaint. Should a complaint occur, we would appreciate the opportunity to resolve any problems or difficulties for you. To benefit all TAM Asset Management clients and potential clients, we have complaint handling procedures in place to ensure that complaints are assessed fairly, consistently, and promptly. Our complaints handling procedure is summarised below, and the full procedure is available on request. Please let us know if you would like this Procedure in larger print or a different format.
TAM is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, reference number 208243, and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The FOS is an independent organisation that was set up under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA) to help resolve disputes between consumers and businesses that provide financial services.
If you have a complaint against TAM, you should make the complaint directly to us either by letter, email, or telephone. All complaints should be addressed to the Complaints Department using the following contact details:
TAM Asset Management
40 Basinghall Street
Telephone : +44 (0) 20 7549 7650
Email : email@example.com
What information should I provide?
To help us deal with your complaint quickly and efficiently, it would help us if you included the following information:
- Account reference number
- Contact telephone number
- Clear details of your complaint, including any former communications you have had concerning the issues you are raising
If someone else is complaining on your behalf, please send us written permission to deal with them.
What happens next?
If we are unable to resolve your complaint by the close of business on the third business day following the day on which it was received and it involves an allegation that you have suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience, the following procedures will apply:
- Within five business days of receiving your complaint we will provide you with a letter acknowledging receipt and summarising our understanding of your complaint. We will confirm the name of the person dealing with your complaint and enclose a copy of our Complaints Handling Procedure.
- Your complaint will be investigated by an individual of sufficient competence who, where appropriate, has not been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint.
- We aim to provide you with a final response within four weeks of receiving your complaint. If you are not happy with our final response, we will ask you to let us know so we can investigate further.
- Where, due to the complexities of a complaint, we are unable to provide you with a final response within four weeks, we will let you know, and aim to provide our final response within eight weeks from when the complaint was received.
- If TAM is still not able to provide a final response after eight weeks, we will advise you of the reasons for the delay along with an indication as to when we expect to provide our final response. We will notify you that you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) if you are dissatisfied with the delay, enclose a copy of the FOS leaflet explaining how to get in touch with them, and inform you that if you plan to refer the matter to them this must be done within six months.
What if I am dissatisfied with the final response?
Every effort will be made to resolve your complaint. However, if you are not satisfied with our response, you may be entitled to refer your complaint to the FOS, another Alternative Dispute Resolution service or take civil action. We will provide a copy of the FOS explanatory leaflet and notify you that any referral must be made within six months. Further information about the Financial Ombudsman Service and who they are able to help can be found on their website.
The FOS can be contacted at the following address:
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall